Company: Jonathan Chapman Photography
Title: Accounts & Production
Our job at JCP is to tell stories. Our tools for telling them are cameras. Which is funny, because the best stories always happen in the moments when people forget that we’re holding cameras.
Those moments aren’t a matter of magic or alchemy: They’re created by instinctively knowing where to be and what to do in order to be invisibly present in exactly the right spot at precisely the right time. And by not trying to do too much. Instead of reshaping or sanitizing the spaces we shoot in, we find the details that bring them to life. Even on the most expansive projects, we bring only the gear we absolutely need, keeping our presence small. When the shoot starts, we’re in subtly choreographed and constant motion, playing with angles, jockeying for new perspectives.
All the while, the story’s there. And in the midst of all that intense activity, those moments that speak volumes reveal themselves. Sometimes gradually, sometimes all at once. When they do, it’s as if the camera’s not even there.
• Business Development
• Produce & Production Support
Company: Hanley Wood Marketing
Title: Managing Producer
As the Managing Producer I worked with the creative and account teams responsible the photography and video production for FedEx, 3M, Ameriprise, and Sherwin William.
• Managed all photo and video shoots
• Negotiate and hire production companies, photographers and freelance crews
• Extensive experience with SAG/AFTRA
• Responsible for project budget allocation and reconciliation
Company: EverFire Group
Title: Executive Producer
EverFire is a full service content, marketing and production company that specializes in igniting passion through innovative products and superior production values within enthusiast markets. Television. Video. Film. Print.
• Strategy and brand development
• Concept and strategy of a digital environment for EverFire owned brands
• Initiate social media presence for EverFire owned brands
• Produced broadcast commercials
• Produced corporate videos
• Budgeting for client projects
Company: Perspective Films
As a producer, I’m responsible for the financial, technical, and managerial aspects of creating audio/video communications. I have extensive experience hiring employees, managing budgets, and gear, training staff, and delivered projects to clients.
• Client management (create proposals, facilitate change orders, adhere to timelines)
• Scope projects
• Budget development and management
• Manage deadlines
• Manage vendors
• Manage Crew
• Cast talent
• Secure locations
• Set development
• Shot list creation
• Production schedule management
• Music licensing
• Talent rights management
• Allocate appropriate resources for projects
• Process any production related paperwork
• Research trends in production and post-production technology
• Negotiate the purchase and installation of equipment
Feature Film: ‘Memorial Day’
Company: Perspective Films
As the producer of the feature film ‘Memorial Day’ I was involved throughout all phases of the filmmaking process, from development through completion of the project.
– – – Pre-Production – – –
• Secure financing for the film
• Contract the creative team
• Cast the actors, alongside the director
• Establish budget
• Determine locations
• Hire a production team
• Develop a shooting schedule
• Create a detailed plan of action for production
– – – Production – – –
• Offer creative suggestions to the director
• Handle problems with actors or creative staff
• Monitor production timetable and budget
• Review dailies
– – – Post-Production – – –
• Discuss order and selection of scenes with the director
• Review the fine cut of the film after it is edited
• Polish, revise and restructure the film to create the final cut
• Secure distribution for the film
• Review the distributor’s advertising campaign for the film
When Kyle Vogel finds his Grandpa Bud’s WWII footlocker, they strike a deal: Kyle can pick three, and Bud will tell their stories. Fast forward a few decades and as soldier in Iraq, Kyle’s experiences mirror his grandfathers.
Title: Staff Editor
As a Staff Editor I participated in client conceptual/creative meetings as well as edit using the latest technology.
• Meet with the producer/director to understand the project
• Log footage
• Edit footage to tell the story
• Work with sound editors
• Insert music, dialogue and sound effects
• Make revisions